Friday, February 27, 2009

Old friends - The Best Thing There Is

This weekend, one of my favorite people in the whole world is coming to town. I met her before I even moved here and we were instant friends! In fact, when I actually moved here - serendipity had me run into her at an event I went to literally on my first night.

I cannot begin to describe what this person has brought to my life. She has been there for tears, laughs and everything in between. She pushes me to be the best I can be, but does it with such a gentle hand I sometimes don't even know. I am truly blessed.

Most likely we won't do anything special per se, but I can't wait to simply catch up - and let the conversation go all over the place, like it usually does.

What is even more exciting and amazing is that I am lucky enough to have friends all over the world who do all sorts of work and have all sorts of crazy interests and make a mark in everything they do. It is remarkable to know them.

So an open note: I do not get to talk to all of you as often as I would like, but you are part of me - part of my heart, and I miss you often! Thank you for being who you are and being part of making my life a little better everyday......

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i can't wait to see you, either!