Thursday, February 19, 2009

Sorry bambi - Dinner at Craftsman in Longfellow

I just had a darn fine meal at Craftsman in the Longfellow Neighborhood with my two friends Elena and Jill.

Food: I had venison perfectly cooked medium rare with cherries (not at all gamy), Jill had lamb sausage with chickpeas and Elena had gnocchi with seasonal vegetables - mainly butternut squash. The restaurant has a focus on local, seasonal food. There was a heavy emphasis on meats and poultry - no fish at all on the current menu. Each meal was well prepared and cooked to perfection.

Service: Service was good and attentive, they refilled our hot water without having to ask and the prices a fair value for the meal - but a little spendy for an everyday meal

Physical: The restaurant is a nice medium sized space with mission furniture and hard wood floors. More casual, but good for all types of occasions - dates to dinner parties

I am going to start a rating system (5 is average):

Food - 7.5 out of 10 (10 being the most amazing meal ever)
Ambiance - 6.5 out of 10 (10 being a place that I could sit for hours and hours)
Value - 6 out of 10 (10 being a great meal at a absurdly low price)
Would I go back - 8 out of 10 (10 being I will run back immediately with whomever will eat with me)

4300 East Lake Street
Minneapolis, MN 55406
Phone: 612.722.0175

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Totally agree with your review! It was fun to catch up and eat some great food.