Sunday, March 1, 2009

Italy: Too Much To Eat and Too Much To See (A Little Bit Beautiful and a Little Bit Rock and Roll)




All photos from style.com

Last night, I went to a dinner party at my friend Leonardo's. He is new to Minneapolis straight from Lake Cuomo and he had a hankering for doing a dinner party. Who were we to stop him?

We were delighted with the tastes of buffalo mozzarella, gnocchi with Gorgonzola, and mushroom risotto. As I rolled out of his house (we declined to have a meat course), I must have been infected with the Italian bug, because the very auspicious timing with the Italian shows was fortuitous!

In order of photos
Luisa Beccaria: Check out this collection - there was something I really loved about it. It is the first time I have seen the work of this team, but the dresses were all pretty and feminine, and I loved the styling with the saloon-like feeling.

Emilio Pucci
: This collection was a whole lot rock & roll (and had a lot of fur - sorry), but if I was ever to be backstage with my rock star boyfriend, I would want to be wearing what this collection offered up. Especially this outfit with the eagle on it - she is a super fox!!!!

Bottega Venetta: I have been enjoying the clothes of this collection more and more over the last few collections. This season, his choice of colors with all the dusty rose and bronzes was spectacular. The shapes are easy and the non-logoed luxery are something that I really appreciate. When you buy it, you know it is special and you don't have to tell anyone.

No comments: