Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Sassy Women To Celebrate: Helen Gurley Brown


Cosmo may be a pile of drech now, but back in the day, it was a the bible for a new wave of woman taking ownership for themselves (professionally, personally and sex-ily)! And Helen Gurley Brown was the unstoppable (and one of the first female) editor for years. Check out this article about her and a biography.

Also, while I am talking about magazines, apparently, based on a small survey of my dad and uncle, apparently Playboy was also a great magazine when it first came out. It taught men how to be men, and how to be worthy of the hot hot hot women on the pages of the magazine - kind of like a how to magazine for wooing women in a respectful manner.

1 comment:

Strath said...

Ha, I saw that in the paper this morning – I love that photo.

And yes, old Playboy magazines ARE great, both in content and design. I read it for the articles....