Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Am I The Only One Who Believes In Personal Responsibility?

Ok, so I may be that anal girl who pays off my credit card every month. Indeed, when I made $17,000 a year, I lived within my means and now that I make a lot more, I do the same.

I am a little incensed about the fact that I may how have higher credit card bills (fees and less benefits) even though I have perfect credit. See this article from yesterday's NYTimes about limitations on credit card companies and how they will have limits on the interest rates they can charge.

I know that this will make me sound like a fascist, but seriously where is the personal responsibility? When you get a credit card, they are very clear (if you take the time to read the documents), about the terms. If you don't like the terms, then don't get the credit.

I recognize that not everyone is as fortunate as I am (in fact 99% of the world is not), but the idea that people barrow to buy loads of crap that is not necessary (otherwise known as TV's, Cable, Video games, clothes etc...) and then I have to suffer is really frustrating.

No comments: