Thursday, May 21, 2009

Bravo To President Obama

My opinion is that Obama's stance on fighting terror and how to engage internationally is dead on.

In the spirit of full disclosure so you can decide for yourself - here is his speech and the rebuttal by Cheney today (why do I wish he would just go away - kind of like old Inuit people?) .

While I am on the topic, am I the only one who thinks it is totally hypocritical of the democratic congress to both want to think about persecuting some from the previous administration, yet not be willing to allocate the funds to close Guantanamo?

And a note to Nancy Pelosi: there are three options - you were either not paying attention during your briefings, or you are lying to make it seem like you did not know about the advanced techniques, or the CIA did really lie to you. Any of those options is appalling, and if you are accusing them of something you need to back it up with facts. My guess is the CIA records are not in your favor. While I do not like what the administration did, nor agree with their reasoning, they truly believed it would make us safer. It is time to let it go.



No comments: