Monday, August 24, 2009

Just Department Should Not Persecute CIA Abuses and Obama Should Step In

My guess is the CIA did some really bad things under the Bush Administration. REALLY BAD. Evil bad. However, given the the fish rots from the head, and that head is now in Texas somewhere, it is time to let it go. The atmosphere that was created by the legal mishapings of the Bush administration. People were doing what they thought was right given that milieu. It was a time of fear and distrust and ideological clashes as to how you become "safe", even though safety is a myth.

If I were Obama, I would come out hard against any presecutions of anyone below a certain rank. Again, due to organizational structure and human behavoir, people were following instructions and saving their careers. Lame, I know, but most people are risk averse and do whatever they need to do to preserve their personal status quo.

If I were obama, I would put an end to all of the wrangling. I would come out and say that any person (below a certain rank) persecuted by the justice department will recieve a pardon. This does not mean he should praise the past actions, but that we are now focusing on other ways to create safety. And that americans will not go against our values to go after people again. We do not get a pass on the foundations of this country because people don't like us.

No comments: