Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Place To Party - The VFW

Here in the Tundra, there are these bars called VFW's, as in Veterans of Foreign Wars. I think they use the proceeds for something, but not sure. Anyhow, not only do they have super cheap drinks - what an interesting cultural experience going to one was!

I was out for my friend's b-day last night and after dinner we hit the VFW for a little Karaoke. To say nothing of our sweeping rendition of "Careless Whispers", it was really interesting to see how the crowd changed over the course of the evening. It went from older folks to young hipsters in the course of about three hours. My guess is lured by the drunken singing, the cheap hootch and divey atmosphere is winning combo as the night goes on.

I would probably give it a 6-7 out of ten (depending on my mood), the cheap drinks, fun spirit and wide musical selection was well worth exploring. To say nothing of viewing the elusive 45 ish not so polished men getting hammered.

No comments: