Saturday, February 28, 2009

Fashion Roundup - It's Italy for Darn Sure

www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/F2009RTW-JLSANDER
style.com - Burberry Prorsum

So, I passed on fashion week in London (ok, 3 days - darn economy), mainly because I did not like anything coming out of there. But now we are in Italy, and boy is it a mixed bag!

So far my favorite collection is Jill Sander. Raf Simmons, the designer for the house showed a collection that was the quintessential essence of what they do well, over and over. The clothes are simple, seemingly boring - but take another look - the quality is exquisite and every piece has a little detail that is amazing - that totally makes it distinctive and wearable at the same time. Very few lines do this well, and it should be celebrated. This is especially true when people will invest one piece that is pertinent to their whole wardrobe.

I also liked some of the Burberry Prorsum collection, but the styling got the better of me and I sometimes did not like the whole look. Regardless, i adore the dress above with the fitted bodice and scarf around the neck.

And my least favorite collection (maybe of all time) is D&G:
www.style.com/fashionshows/complete/F2009RTW-DG
It looks like an Italian bordello threw up on some of the thinnest women in the world. Eack!

No comments: