Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Ode To Costco - Where I Love to Go Go

I got to go to Costco today. Which is something that I love doing. In fact, I love it a little too much.

I have a whole process - swing by glasses, jewelry, books, amazing meats and then get to the good stuff. They roast the best chickens in the world and it is their best selling item nationwide. Not surprising given the succulence and good price (6.50$) of the birdies. Then, I buy a few things I don't really need or will go bad and head to have a hotdog and drink for a 1.50$ to wrap up the experience.

I worked there one summer when I was in high school. My dad hit up the original owners (it is a Seattle company) who were his patients (he is a dentist) and good friends. They treat their employees well and with a lot of care and consideration, which I believe has remained as they have expanded. My role was pre-technology - I was a "caller". I moved all product from one cart to another calling out the SKU numbers. I was buff, needless to say....

So Costco gets a huge plug/hug from me, and I think everyone at work will love the enormous cupcakes I bought for our offsite. If you ever want to go, give me a call......

No comments: