Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TED: Ideas Worth Spreading

Back home from NYC, and I know I have a lot to post - later in the week.

In the meantime, when I was in NYC I met a friend of my cousin who works for this cool organization called TED. They are known for organizing a series of 15 minute lectures with thought leaders in Technology, Entertainment, Design and many other topics. All the talks are available for viewing, and I highly recommend checking them out.

Here is an example by Stephen Hawking to start off - he is talking about where we come from, jokes about UFOs, and the human instinct for aggression and selfishness. His wit and candor are astounding......

2 comments:

Kurt Woolley said...

I'm glad you found TED. It is a great organization and I've enjoyed a lot of the presentations. Here is a link to one talk with a new type of solar collector: http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/bill_gross_on_new_energy.html

Unknown said...

attending TED is on my bucket list! ... and agreed Stephan Hawking is sooo brilliant, wrote about him, back in the day.