Saturday, April 18, 2009

Give It Another Listen: Travis

I went to the Travis show last night. The last time I saw them was in 1998, so very weird time blast to be in a tiny venue with a band that clearly has been around for years.

Interestingly, it was one of the best shows I have seen. Why? Are they the hippest, coolest band out there? No, they are not, but they did pave the way for Coldplay and Keane in a major way, and they did it a long time ago. They just make good songs with good melodies that make you want to sing along.

However, that is not why I liked the show, why I liked it was because they simply had fun and engaged the audience like no band I have ever seen. They talked and joked, and it felt like a personal conversation with a friend who knows some very catchy tunes. They have a lot of albums, so here are a few clips - you can judge for yourself.






No comments: