Saturday, March 28, 2009

Give Them A Listen: Solid Gold and Handsome Furs

I have had a chance to see two awesome shows lately.


The first is Solid Gold. I have always loved synthpop, and I was a bit of Euro Trash when I was younger (think Depeche Mode, Erasure, Alphaville, Communards, New Order). If that music was updated, made a lot more dark with updated rythm, you would end up with Solid Gold. Check em out live, and buy the album Bodies of Water. My favorite song so far is Get Over It - an anthem to let go of something, anything that is not your doing.....




Also Handsome Furs. I have a lot of friends who went to SXSW, who said they were an unmissable show. So I went out super late on school night this past week, and it was fantastic. These guys also use synthesizer, but with a lot more hard rock and roll guitar. It is a couple who play together, and they totally fed off of each other and had a great time - very cool to watch such a tight unit. Check out their album Face Control (their sophomore release to Plague Park) on SubPop records.

Again, you won't regret it!

No comments: